Talks Underway?
President Trump called off strikes on Iranian energy infrastructure after claiming that the US and Iran have been in negotiations to end the Middle East war. Iranian officials denied that any talks are taking place.
Strikes Delayed
On Monday, Trump said he postponed the threatened strikes to allow five days of negotiations, saying the two sides had reached agreements on “major points.”
Trump said that Jared Kushner and special envoy Steve Witkoff are leading talks for the US and that Kushner had been in contact with a senior Iranian leader. Trump also said the US wanted Iran to halt nuclear weapons development and hand over its stockpile of enriched uranium.
Mediators



